Swapping ALT and AMIGA keys doesn't work

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
IamSONIC

Re: Swapping ALT and AMIGA keys doesn't work

Post by IamSONIC »

@TSK

Where can i find "keymap.libary.kmod v53.7". I only have access to it if it is on of the earlier Installation CDs or Update Packages.

I think we should report a Bug about that problem. Btw can anyone report Bugs found in AmigaOS, if so where?

Thanks
TSK
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by TSK »

Btw can anyone report Bugs found in AmigaOS, if so where?
Like I said, I have done that long time ago. I added a link to this thread to the bug report.
Keep the party going !
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@IamSonic
I think we should report a Bug about that problem. Btw can anyone report Bugs found in AmigaOS, if so where?
Usually everyone report there, and then betatesters (or sometime developers) add it to os4 bugzilla. If you will find out something else buggy, and didn't have answer from anyone, you can write me , i will help fast with adding bugreport to bz.
IamSONIC

Post by IamSONIC »

hi kas1e

okay good to know and thank you
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

IamSONIC wrote:@nbache

Yes you're right. This "Ducky Shine 6" Keyboard must be somehow special... Because i configured now the Allkeys Utility and it still doesn't work :(

Alex
The Duck Shine 6 has the same software functions and config steps of the Ducky Shine 5 (almost same firmware). Except for some exceptions, you can configure any key to any key, yes, "any key to any key". And it is all done on the keyboard itself, there is no need do use special software on a PC or Mac.

I sold the Shine 6 and kept the Shine 5 because I like it better but I had done the procedure on the Shine 6 too. Both manuals are kind of bad, but the explanation of the DIP-Switches is way better on the manual of the Shine 6. Having started with the Shine 5 I had a hard time understanding how to make some functions work. Anyway, if it helps, here the procedure on how to swap Amiga (or windows)/Alt Keys.
Remember however that the swap is passed only to the OS, for "internal, keyboard specific key combinations, "Alt" remains "Alt". e.g. to enable the so called Keyboard's "DEMO mode for the store window to showcase" (from now on just "DEMO-SC"), you still will still have to press Fn + Alt (which after the swapping will be one of the Amiga Keys)+Ctrl for 3 seconds), here again:
keyboard in default factory setting : Fn + Alt (the 1st key to the left or right of space bar) + Ctrl for 3 seconds enables "DEMO-SC"
keyboard with Alt and Amiga swapped: Fn + Alt (the key to the left or right of space bar) + Ctrl for 3 seconds enables "DEMO-SC"

So to switch the Keys you will have to:

1. Press FN + 2 (this takes you to Profile 2, FN + 1 takes you back to profile 1 which will always be all keys in default/factory set mode)
-> the Caps Lock key flashes 2 times
2. Press FN + CTRL for 3 seconds (this enters Macro Key recording mode)
-> the Caps Lock key flashes continuously
3. Press the 1st key right to space bar (default Alt key)
-> it turnes green and Caps Lock flashes faster
4. Press the 2nd key right to the space bar (default Windows key)
-> no apparent changes
5. press FN + CTRL (exits the macro recording mode)
-> now the right Alt key is set to the Right Amiga. So the 2nd key to the right of the space bar has 2 key codes assigned to it, we don't want that. Let's go on and assign the key code for the Right Amiga key to the 1st key to the right of the space bar.
6. press FN + CTRL for 3 seconds
-> the Caps Lock key flashes continuously, the 1st key right of space bar is lit RED
7. Press the 2nd key right to space bar (default Win/Meta key)
-> it turnes green and Caps Lock flashes faster
8. Press the 1st key right to the space bar (default Alt Key)
-> no apparent changes
9. press FN + CTRL (exits the macro recording mode)
->>Now the Right Window/OS key and ALT key are swapped.

You can open NotePad and press the 1st key right to the space bar (default alt key, now Amiga Key) + "o" and it will open an "Open File Requester", while the new 2nd key right to the space bar is your new Alt key (default Win-key).

Now repeat the procedure with the left Amiga/Alt keys and you will not have to worry about which key is which even if you boot into the shell using "Boot with no Startup-Sequence" or if you boot the AmigaOS 4.1 FE install CD, or if you plug your keyboard to a PC or a Mac. The OS-Key Key will always be to the right of space bar and the key right to it will be the right ALT key. Unless of course you change to one of the other Macro profiles (FN + 3,4,5,6) or to the default one (FN + 1).

Hope that helps. :-)
IamSONIC

Post by IamSONIC »

@Amigo1

1. Thank you very much !
2. It works !!!
3. You're completely right it's very difficult to interpret the manual regarding to the macro functionality
4. :lol: :idea: :ugeek: ;)