Dual Graphics Cards

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.

Dual Graphics Cards

Postby Spectre660 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

I am trying to run dual pcie Graphics cards in my X5000.
An Oland card in the pciex16 slot and a Radon HD6570 in a pci slot using a a pci topciex16 adapter .
Workbench starts displaying then the computer freezes at about the display of the Amidock items.
I have tried with WBstartup disabled and get the freeze.
I don't need the second Graphics card under AmigaOS 4.1 but for Linux .
Have been able to boot AmigaOS 4.1 update 1 ok with a pci Radeon 9250 as the second card in the pci slot.

Have sent some debug output to Hans de Ruiter and he says that the Radeon HD driver is loaded for only one graphics card.

I don't see anything wrong there. In fact, your log shows that the driver is only loaded for one graphics card. I see no debug entries for a second one, which means that the driver isn't even touching the second one.

Given that dual Radeon HD cards works on other systems, it's highly likely that the problem lies elsewhere. Perhaps UBoot doesn't initialise two PCIe graphics cards properly, resulting in an address conflict (e.g., both using the same IRQ or something).
Attachments
X5000-1.zip
Serial debug output
(23.12 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Spectre660

Re: Dual Graphics Cards

Postby nbache » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Do you have two Monitor files in Devs/Monitors? Are their BOARDNAME tooltypes different, when comparing the first CMPLENGTH characters?

IIRC, at least that is necessary for using dual cards. (Don't have any personal experience, though.)

Best regards,

Niels
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Dual Graphics Cards

Postby Spectre660 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm

I first tried the instructions for X1000 dual card usage which outlines this method.
Same results so I tried with all the monitor files removed form /Devs/Monitors with also had the same results.

nbache wrote:Do you have two Monitor files in Devs/Monitors? Are their BOARDNAME tooltypes different, when comparing the first CMPLENGTH characters?

IIRC, at least that is necessary for using dual cards. (Don't have any personal experience, though.)

Best regards,

Niels
Spectre660

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000