Skip UBoot animation?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Re: Skip UBoot animation?

Post by trevordick »

Sorry for the slow response.

All commercial X5000 boards and systems sold by Amiga retailers will have the latest uboot installed.

It includes the options to reduce or eliminate the Rotating boing ball animation. Get's rid of the 2 x 10 CD checks for a non existent CD in the CD drive. It also includes a special default time-out option.

It includes the option for three new environment variables:

* amigabootmenu_animate, default 1: Set to 0 to disable the boot animation. Set to 1 to enable the animation.

* amigabootmenu_animcycles, default 10: Specifies how many times the animation should be played before the default boot selection is booted. Only has an effect if amigabootmenu_animate is set to 1.

* amigabootmenu_timeout, default 0: If set to a non-zero value, it specifies how many seconds should elapse before the deafult boot selection is booted. This mechanism overrides amigabootmenu_animcycles, so if both are set, this one takes preference.

With this version my X5000 boots to workbench in ~40 second from power-up with 1 anim cycle and amigaboot set to quiet.

Note: if you are a beta tester and do not have this version want to install it please send an email to contact (at) a-eon.com with X5000 Uboot update in the Subject line
I'm just Breezin'
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

These options sound great.

Waiting for my X5000 for almost a month now.... :-( Still not even shipped...
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Skateman wrote:These options sound great.

Waiting for my X5000 for almost a month now.... :-( Still not even shipped...
Yeah it has been deliverd!!! :-) Let the journey begin ....
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Lio

Post by Lio »

trevordick wrote:Sorry for the slow response.

Note: if you are a beta tester and do not have this version want to install it please send an email to contact (at) a-eon.com with X5000 Uboot update in the Subject line
Hi Trevor,
I bought my X5000 second hand from Relec and he told me he was betatesting the machine and the UBoot I have is dated from oct2014.

I sent a mail (as instructed by you) a week ago and so far I got no answer... I believe a few of the behavior I have at the moment is due to this old UBoot so I would be very happy to put the newest UBoot and get rid of the problems.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Lio,

Your email end up in the A-EON spam folder. I understand that our support team has now replied to your query.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
Lio

Post by Lio »

indeed ! it appears I have the latest firmware installed.

for anyone else and quote for A-EON support team :

A simple way to determine if you have the latest uboot version is to enter the early start up screen, (accessed by pressing escape during the Animation of the rotating Boing Ball). If you see <MorphOS> menu option
(currently unused) you have the latest version.

As a further check. If you select the <command_line> menu option the cursor key should be (blinking) blue.

Note: The date on the early startup-screen is always the same because that is the date of the base firmware that the X5000'sUboot is based on.