Warranty repair report

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.

Warranty repair report

Postby Roland » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Just wanted to tell that the repair process of my Cyrus+ (the realtime clock issue) is succesfully over! It took in total 10 weeks and one day, from the day I sent it forward to the day it it arrived back again. Actually, the board was replaced with a second one, so I did not get to know how serious the problem was from technical point and whether the original board could be repaired later.

I would like to thank all the parties who helped with this issue: people here and at AmigaKit for analyzing the problem, workers at Amedia for sending Cyrus boards back and forth (on their own cost), and last but not least A-Eon and especially Trevor for 'pushing' the process forward! :-)

BTW, I think it would be good to have a common ticket system for warranty repairs, allowing all the parties (customer, dealer, A-Eon and Varisys) to communicate easily with each others, and also to have the option to send defective boards directly to A-Eon. E.g. in my case the hardware problem was quite clear and cycling the board via dealer would not have been necessary. By eliminating this phase the repair time would have been several weeks shorter.
- Roland -
Roland

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000