Jxfs partitions

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Antique

Jxfs partitions

Post by Antique »

I am trying to access my jxfs partitions without luck. I found jxfilesystem in kickstart from my sam460 hd. Copied and added to the kicklayout. But still not showing the partition. Any advice???
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Jxfs partitions

Post by tonyw »

The old version of JXFS from other platforms will not work on your X5000. There may be a special version released by Joerg Strohmayer that will work on the X5000 and later machines, but otherwise you will have to copy the contents of the partition to an SFS or FFS partition on your Sam 460.
cheers
tony
colinw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by colinw »

tonyw wrote:The old version of JXFS from other platforms will not work on your X5000. There may be a special version released by Joerg Strohmayer that will work on the X5000 and later machines, but otherwise you will have to copy the contents of the partition to an SFS or FFS partition on your Sam 460.
I'm not sure if he put that limitation in JXFS, but I do know that you _MUST_ have diskcache.library.kmod resident
before JXFS will work, it's optional for SFS AFAIK, but not for JXFS.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

No, that's not enough to make JXFS work on the X5k.

I think a new version has to be compiled to recognise and work with the P50xx and P10xx CPUs (just a guess on my part).
cheers
tony