External USB CD/DVD that works with X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Re: External USB CD/DVD that works with X5000

Post by amigasociety »

dstastny wrote:@AmigaSociety I was able to boot and it worked fine so I hope it works out for you.

I am wondering if the troubles with other units has to do with the keyboard issues you experience. I have a RGB keyboard that it works after boot but UBoot doesnt recognize and I get error in the USB stack. I want to get a good mechanical keyboard but am concerned about dropping the coin to find it doesn't work.

Regards
Doug
The keyboard I now have is a nice RGB mechanical style. And what makes it neat is the keyboard is quite thin so supposed to be one of the thinnest mechnical RGB keyboards out there. So it is low profile yet have nice clickidy clackidy keys most buy a mechanical keyboard for.

Havit HV-KB395L

$79 from Amazon.

http://www.havit.hk/products/havithv-kb ... -keyboard/

It seems to work best on motherboard usb ports and the bottom row or one up. Never have issues with it there. X5K boots fine every time with it already connected.

If I use top of just one row down usb ports, it sometimes work and other times does not. Hit and miss.

But where I have it now it is solid for weeks.

Guessing it is power hungry and certain usb ports seem better than others? Guessing but so far this keyboard has served me well.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
wlemonds

Post by wlemonds »

Ok, initially when I tried different USB ports in the back I kept the KB and mouse on the top 2 and just moved the drive to all the others. Today I put the KB and mouse on the bottom ports and the drive on the top and didn't have any power issues.
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

New drive works but is quirky. I guess owning aircooled VWs and miggies I am used to that.

I can only get it to work from a HUB, not direct to any X5K USB port. Weird.

Man, are X5K USB ports that weak?

Best I got is it can see the CD when direct connected to a rear USB port but once the CD starts spinning at full speed ripping a CD as example in Adripper, I get a USB dialog that not enough power.

So I connected a USB A to B cable from the back of teh X5K to my HP Omen 32" display that has a built in hub and I connect the new DVD to it. It then worked.

Adripper does not like CD changes so after each CD I have to go in and adjust preference for what DVD unit it is on USB0, then USB 1, etc.... Quirky but works.

TJ

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
wlemonds

Post by wlemonds »

Have you tried doing the same keyboard, mouse, and usb drive setup on the 1222 and get the same issue?
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

wlemonds wrote:Have you tried doing the same keyboard, mouse, and usb drive setup on the 1222 and get the same issue?
Sorry I have not. Must admit my Tabor has been dormant for a bit and I am using its display elsewhere.

Will have to test that though.

TJ

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor