Early startup menu?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
esc

Re: Early startup menu?

Post by esc »

Eh, thanks, tried that. :)
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Have you tried a different keyboard. Not all USB devices are created equal. Been my experience some keyboards can be hit or miss. If your timing things right, I would try a different brand of keyboard. Also make sure to try the motherboard USB ports and not the case usb ports in case that is an issue. I myself have a RGB keyboard that complains if connected to even some of the motherboard usb ports but seems to work OK on the one it is is now. TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

I used to have a similar problem - I think it was back in the A1 XE days. Anyway, my solution was to keep an old keyboard connected directly to the computer (back then it was via PS/2, but today just use the correct USB port) which I could use in UBoot when I had to, and tuck it away behind the screen at all other times and just use the keyboard on the KVM. Maybe that's an option?

Best regards,

Niels
esc

Post by esc »

That's a good idea, I can probably try plugging in an old USB keyboard (no frills, no special keys or anything) and using it for bootup purposes. I'll give that a shot!
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

I have a wireless keyboard that causes this issue as well. It works after the menu, but for whatever reason will not prompt the Uboot menu. I have another wireless keyboard that never causes this issue. I'd suggest trying another keyboard, especially a wired keyboard, to troubleshoot.