Play System startup sound

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
ralph.egas

Play System startup sound

Post by ralph.egas »

Not entrely sure whether this is X5000 specific, however I've not experienced this issue before on AmigaOS 4.x.

In Sound Prefs (Enhancer Software) I'm able to activate the "Play System startup sound" check box and pick a sample. When I press the play button on the right, the sound can be heard playing also. However, when I "Save" / "Use", the next time I open Sound Prefs, the check box has been automatically deactivated again.

I do have "Run ..... SoundPlayer QUIET" in my Startup-Sequence and nothing in WBStartup, so, therefore sound should work at Workbench load. Something is disabling sound at startup and I don't have a clue what's causing this. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Ralph

----

AmigaOne X5000/20 - AmigaKit
SSD 240GB
Radeon HD 7700
SB0200 (SoundBlaster Live) - replaced the CT4780 that didn't work
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Play System startup sound

Post by tonyw »

Sorry, but the Enhancer software is not a Hyperion product and we can not offer any support for it.

Try contacting the A-Eon developers or AmigaKit.
cheers
tony
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

@ralph.egas

AFAIK the correct place to submit bug reports for A-Eon software is:

http://amigadeveloper.com/bugreports/
ralph.egas

Post by ralph.egas »

Thank you. I've done so now. Somehow I'm thinking this isn't related to the enhanced Sound Prefs tool though. Is there a way to check this with the default sound prefs (assuming there's a feature like playing sound at system startup present without Enhancer Software)?