Resolutions People are using

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
outrun1978

Re: Resolutions People are using

Post by outrun1978 »

am using a 1920x1080 RGB32 mode resolution displayed on a Samsung TD24391 TV/Monitor
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

AltRN8 wrote:Curious as to what Monitors people are using and what resolutions they are running at? I've heard of aspect ratio issues and am curious as to whether this is a real issue for people.

I'm currently running 1280x1024 so pretty bog standard.
- iiyama ProLite at 1920x1080 for the most part,
- one BenQ 1920x1080 (not as good quality as iiyama)
- on Sam440 I now use a iiyama E481S @1280x1024 monitor because at a higher resolution with a native resolution of 1920x1080 screen goes black when moving windows. I think the culprit is the Graphics Card, it is having emotional problems.
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

nbache wrote:2560×1600, DELL U3011 on X1000 with Radeon HD6670 (via ATEN CS 1784A DVI Dual link KVM and DVI Dual link cable).
1920×1200, Philips Brillance 240BW on A1 XE G3 with Radeon 9250.
1280×1024, Philips Brillance 180p2 on A1200 BlizzardPPC with BlizzardVision.
1600×1200, Philips Brillance 200P on Sam440ep with built-in Radeon M9.
1600×1200, Philips Brillance 200P on Sam460ex with Radeon HD 5450.

The two Sams share the same monitor via another ATEN KVM, a CS 1764A.

Best regards,

Niels
Sorry for going off topic.

How is the keyboard connected to the X1000 and does it always boot up?
I tried many KVM switches with the X1000 and all but one (the one I did not keep because it had only 2 ports and vga) had the X1000 stuck at boot time. Usually just before the Kickstart started loading.
The only thing I could do to prevent this was to unplug the KVM before switching on the machine. Once AmigaOS had fully booted one single time, I could hard-reset the X1000 and there where no problems for that session anymore. The issue reappeared only ever when switching the X1000 on.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote:How is the keyboard connected to the X1000 and does it always boot up?
It's connected with USB via the KVM's designated USB port for keyboard.

It always boots up from cold reset (or power off). I do see it getting stuck sometimes, requiring a case reset, but that is not at Kickstart load time, but later in the process, probably in IPrefs, but that's something I still need to investigate fully.

Best regards,

Niels
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

nbache wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:How is the keyboard connected to the X1000 and does it always boot up?
It's connected with USB via the KVM's designated USB port for keyboard.

It always boots up from cold reset (or power off). I do see it getting stuck sometimes, requiring a case reset, but that is not at Kickstart load time, but later in the process, probably in IPrefs, but that's something I still need to investigate fully.

Best regards,

Niels
I just got a deal at the local store here and bough a Aten CS1784A KMV-switch, but unfortunately my AmigaOne-X1000 doesn't want to cold boot when it is connected.
This happens if the cable coming from the KVM is plugged to the X1000 USB port which is supposed to be for the keyboard (as stated in the user-guide v5 from A-EON).
If I connect the KVM to any other USB port, then the computer boots to AmigaOS and the keyboard is useable. Which means I have to have a 2nd keyboard connected
to the X1000-keyboard-USB-port to be able to use it for CFE or to boot Linux.

How did you solve the issue? Do you have a 1.1 USB hub connected in-between? I'm using FW version 1.107 on the KVM.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote:I just got a deal at the local store here and bough a Aten CS1784A KMV-switch, but unfortunately my AmigaOne-X1000 doesn't want to cold boot when it is connected.
This happens if the cable coming from the KVM is plugged to the X1000 USB port which is supposed to be for the keyboard (as stated in the user-guide v5 from A-EON).
If I connect the KVM to any other USB port, then the computer boots to AmigaOS and the keyboard is useable. Which means I have to have a 2nd keyboard connected

How did you solve the issue? Do you have a 1.1 USB hub connected in-between? I'm using FW version 1.107 on the KVM.
No, there is no other hub in between here.

I just checked how I had connected things (it has been sitting like this for years and I had forgotten the details):

The USB cable to the X1000 from the KVM is connected to the bottom leftmost USB post on the X1000 (as seen from the back with the motherboard horizontal).

The keyboard USB cable is connected to the port with a drawing of a mouse on the back of the KVM, while the mouse receiver (it's a wireless Logitech) is connected to the front USB port to the right of the audio plugs.

Not sure how different your CS1784A is from my CS1764A, but I don't think it is much, so hopefully this description makes sense.

I don't exactly remember why I ended up connecting it like this, but I remember I had to experiment, and this is what ended up working for me.

Best regards,

Niels
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

nbache wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:I just got a deal at the local store here and bough a Aten CS1784A KMV-switch, but unfortunately my AmigaOne-X1000 doesn't want to cold boot when it is connected.

No, there is no other hub in between here.

I just checked how I had connected things (it has been sitting like this for years and I had forgotten the details):

The USB cable to the X1000 from the KVM is connected to the bottom leftmost USB post on the X1000 (as seen from the back with the motherboard horizontal).

The keyboard USB cable is connected to the port with a drawing of a mouse on the back of the KVM, while the mouse receiver (it's a wireless Logitech) is connected to the front USB port to the right of the audio plugs.

Not sure how different your CS1784A is from my CS1764A, but I don't think it is much, so hopefully this description makes sense.

I don't exactly remember why I ended up connecting it like this, but I remember I had to experiment, and this is what ended up working for me.

Best regards,

Niels
Replied to you in another thread.. not sure how that happened..
My ongoing quest to find a KVM working with the A1-X1k is frustrating. I wish I could fix the issue in CFE myself..
Benny

Post by Benny »

A1200PPC and 4000PPC with Mediator and Radeon 9250: fullhd,
Sam 460EX, Radeon 7750, fullhd or ultrahd (larger fonts) on Philips 288P6LJEB,
X1000 with dual Radeon 7750, fullhd or ultrahd (larger fonts) on 2x Philips 288P6LJEB.

The Sam 460ex is on sale btw.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

@Benny:

Nice.

So, are you using a KVM, or do you actually have three (or more) of those Philips monitors on the desk?

And what is you cabling?

Best regards,

Niels
Benny

Post by Benny »

nbache wrote:@Benny:

Nice.

So, are you using a KVM, or do you actually have three (or more) of those Philips monitors on the desk?

And what is you cabling?

Best regards,

Niels
I have 2, they have several inputs. The Windows machine use both display ports, and the two DVI’s are for the X1000.
The classic hardware with 4.1 is on Dell U2410’s.

I switch inputs with the buttons on the Philips monitors.

On the Windows machine I use a Sapphire 7750 passive card ( it did not fit the Sam460ex without using a PCIe extension cable ) and the motherboard i7 has also 4K-output. It uses the integrated HD4600 from the 4790s from Intel.

On the X1000 there are two Club 3D 7750’s installed and connected with dual link dvi cables. 30Hz, but that is not a problem imho.