4K?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
icbrkr

4K?

Post by icbrkr »

I'm sure if I should put this under the AmigaOS section or x5000 section so move if necessary.

The video card that came in my x5000 (a 77xx series) looks like it should be able to do 4k but so far, the most I'm able to eek out of it is 2560 x 1440 I think. Is it possible to go 4K?
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: 4K?

Post by nbache »

What type of connection (cable, plugs) do you use between the card and the monitor?

Which monitor do you use?

Best regards,

Niels
icbrkr

Post by icbrkr »

I have a Samsung 4K monitor.. to be honest, I'm not 100% of the model but it's a dual input so I use 4K for my Windows box.

I'm using a DVI -> HDMI adapter from the Amiga to the monitor. And now that I said that, maybe that's the issue?
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

icbrkr wrote:I'm using a DVI -> HDMI adapter from the Amiga to the monitor. And now that I said that, maybe that's the issue?
Does the DVI plug support full DVI Dual Layer (DVI DL)? I.e. does it have all the pins in one rectangular block or is there a sort of gap in the middle, creating two squarish blocks of pins? If the latter, you need a better adapter with the full DVI DL.

If you need pictures, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_V ... #Connector

Best regards,

Niels
icbrkr

Post by icbrkr »

nbache wrote:
icbrkr wrote:I'm using a DVI -> HDMI adapter from the Amiga to the monitor. And now that I said that, maybe that's the issue?
Does the DVI plug support full DVI Dual Layer (DVI DL)? I.e. does it have all the pins in one rectangular block or is there a sort of gap in the middle, creating two squarish blocks of pins? If the latter, you need a better adapter with the full DVI DL.

If you need pictures, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_V ... #Connector

Best regards,

Niels
I'll do some looking.

The video card supports HDMI, so I'll probably just do straight HDMI out.
Benny

Post by Benny »

icbrkr wrote:
nbache wrote:

Best regards,

Niels
I'll do some looking.

The video card supports HDMI, so I'll probably just do straight HDMI out.
Yes, but does the X5000 gfx drivers allready supports the HDMI port of the 7700 ?
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Yes it does :-) Works out of the box with my X5000 and Radeon R7 250 (7700 series)
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Skateman wrote:Yes it does :-) Works out of the box with my X5000 and Radeon R7 250 (7700 series)
Then you must have a newer/beta gfx driver

I have a 7750 in my X1000 and i only get mush when i plug the HDMI cable into the card.

It's not the monitor, and it's not the cable and it's not the card.
I tested all of them in a PC, same cable, same monitor, same card, works perfectly there...but i couldn't even get 2560x1440 out of it on the Amiga side.
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

i am running a 30inch Philips in FULL HD on my X5000. So that not 4K, but the HDMI part does work

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Benny

Post by Benny »

Raziel wrote:
Skateman wrote:Yes it does :-) Works out of the box with my X5000 and Radeon R7 250 (7700 series)
Then you must have a newer/beta gfx driver

I have a 7750 in my X1000 and i only get mush when i plug the HDMI cable into the card.

It's not the monitor, and it's not the cable and it's not the card.
I tested all of them in a PC, same cable, same monitor, same card, works perfectly there...but i couldn't even get 2560x1440 out of it on the Amiga side.
Indeed, there must exist something newer.

I allready had an UHD Workbench on my Samung 4K ( dvi30 Hz ) in 2015, with the 1.x Radeon drivers and a 7750 card (Sam460). So it should not be a problem anymore.

But Hdmi, does it need Hdmi 2.0 to get 4K resolutions on the Amiga ?