Help required

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Roland

Re: Help required

Post by Roland »

nbache wrote:
Steff wrote:I have got it all up and running now. I have created three partitions (one being DH0). I shall copy all the files from my USB stick to DH0, then go into MTB again and select DH0 to be bootable. Problem solve my friend :D
No, don't do that! If you just copy everything over, it will probably not end up in the right paths.

I assume the USB holds the equivalent of an installation/Live boot CD.
No, if that USB stick is like the one I got it is a ready made installation (with also Enhancer software installed), not an installation disk. Otherwise, it would not even boot with Radeons having Oland chip set.
- Roland -
Steff

Post by Steff »

nbache wrote:
Steff wrote:I have got it all up and running now. I have created three partitions (one being DH0). I shall copy all the files from my USB stick to DH0, then go into MTB again and select DH0 to be bootable. Problem solve my friend :D
No, don't do that! If you just copy everything over, it will probably not end up in the right paths.

I assume the USB holds the equivalent of an installation/Live boot CD.

So what you should do is initiate installation of AmigaOS from it (can be done either by selecting that in the initial menu it puts up when you boot from the USB, the one where you have probably selected boot to WB earlier), or, if you have already booted to WB from the installation USB stick, there should be an icon somewhere on WB where you can start the installation.

When the installer has started, at one point you are asked where to install AmigaOS, then you should select DH0:

And of course, at some point, either before or after the installion, you should turn the Bootable flag back on using MTB - preferably before you let it reboot after the installation ;-).

Best regards,

Niels
Hello Niels. Thanks for your reply.

I booted from the USB stick and tried the Installation Utility in the Utility draw. However, When i try to execute this, the system sends a few errors. 1. Fail to load shared object libz.so.1. 2. Required Object is missing. 3. Failed to load shared object libpython25.so. 4. Required Object is missing. After the last error, the system freezes and a reboot is required.
I think maybe the USB stick is corrupted??
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Steff wrote:I booted from the USB stick and tried the Installation Utility in the Utility draw. However, When i try to execute this, the system sends a few errors.

[...]

I think maybe the USB stick is corrupted??
No, it was only my advice above that was corrupted ;-).

As Roland wrote:
No, if that USB stick is like the one I got it is a ready made installation (with also Enhancer software installed), not an installation disk. Otherwise, it would not even boot with Radeons having Oland chip set.
The Installation Utility in Utilities is only the tool which an installation script uses to execute, it is not an installation script or program in itself, so it is not meant to be executed directly.

Go ahead and try copying everything over like you suggested. If you use Workbench to do it, you may need to set the source window to show all files (not just icons) first, so you can select everything for copying.

Best regards,

Niels