Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Postby Roland » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 am

Spectre660 wrote:After booting can you get a shell with cntrl+alt+F1 keys ? .

If yes then check to see if you can rename the mentioned files manually then reboot .

Code: Select all
sudo mv '/usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so' '/usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so.bak'
sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak


Shouldn't the names be in reverse order ?-) But I already undoed the changes via Debian as 'root'.

There was an update to mesa in Ubuntu 16.04 in July this year which may be the problem .


Ok. I will next give a try to Christian's 16.04-3 and restart upgrade from there.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Postby xeno74 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am

Spectre660 wrote:There was an update to mesa in Ubuntu 16.04 in July this year which may be the problem .


Good to know! I always use my own Mesa versions so I didn't notice a Mesa update in July. Thanks for the hint! :-)

Roland wrote:
Ok. I will next give a try to Christian's 16.04-3 and restart upgrade from there.


This is also Julian's img but with my ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 live DVD included. It is better to use Julian's latest images instead of this old ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS live USB img. ;-) Please follow Julian's instructions.

-- Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Postby Roland » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:00 pm

xeno74 wrote: >Ok. I will next give a try to Christian's 16.04-3 and restart upgrade from there.

This is also Julian's img but with my ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 live DVD included. It is better to use Julian's latest images instead of this old ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS live USB img. ;-) Please follow Julian's instructions.


Sorry, I meant the other option tou gave: Amigaone_Ubuntu_16.04-Base-1.img.7z. The Ubuntu partition in it seems to me a ready made installation, not an installer. It also has already OpenGL 3.0. I think this is the one my earlier 16.04 was from.

As Julian said, also his only ready made installation image is out of date (the one I already tested, with OpenGL 2.2). And currently I cannot use his netinstaller images due to restricted internet connection.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Postby xeno74 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 pm

Roland wrote:Sorry, I meant the other option tou gave: Amigaone_Ubuntu_16.04-Base-1.img.7z. The Ubuntu partition in it seems to me a ready made installation, not an installer. It also has already OpenGL 3.0. I think this is the one my earlier 16.04 was from.

As Julian said, also his only ready made installation image is out of date (the one I already tested, with OpenGL 2.2). And currently I cannot use his netinstaller images due to restricted internet connection.


OK. I was able to install ubuntu MATE 16.04 with this img last year. My experiences: ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS Live USB

Good luck! :-)

-- Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Previous

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests