openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

Postby xeno74 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Roland wrote:Could this be somehow related to the realtime clock problem (discussed already in the X5000 forum) my Cyrus board has? (The realtime clock does not advance at all, it only keeps the latest time/date saved with 'setclock save').


Could you please explain me the realtime clock problem precisely? Have you already opened a ticket in our support ticket system? (amigakit.com)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

Postby Roland » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:46 pm

xeno74 wrote:
Roland wrote:Could this be somehow related to the realtime clock problem (discussed already in the X5000 forum) my Cyrus board has? (The realtime clock does not advance at all, it only keeps the latest time/date saved with 'setclock save').


Could you please explain me the realtime clock problem precisely? Have you already opened a ticket in our support ticket system? (amigakit.com)


Please read these:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3765
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3772

Yes, have already opened a support ticket on amigaKit... No solution found there, obviously this is a hardware problem. Besides, my two last messages on there went unanswered, so I do not know how to continue, and whether they accept to take it directly for repair or exchange... Having to 'cycle' it via dealer would just waste time as they have to forward it anyway to England, and then again back to me (on their own cost!). This would take several weeks, and I do not have the funds to buy a second Cyrus for a 'spare part'...
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

Postby xeno74 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Roland wrote:Please read these:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3765
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3772

Yes, have already opened a support ticket on amigaKit... No solution found there, obviously this is a hardware problem. Besides, my two last messages on there went unanswered, so I do not know how to continue, and whether they accept to take it directly for repair or exchange... Having to 'cycle' it via dealer would just waste time as they have to forward it anyway to England, and then again back to me (on their own cost!). This would take several weeks, and I do not have the funds to buy a second Cyrus for a 'spare part'...


I forwarded your post to AmigaKit. :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

Postby Roland » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Roland wrote:I already tested booting of OpenSUSE 11 with v. 4.9.38 and 4.12.0 Kernels. They both stopped at the message "setting up the hardware clock" !? Is there a way to skip this comand?


I found a workaround to this issue... Simple 'ctrl c' was enough to bypass the block! After that booting advanced normally, and I was able to open the KDE desktop :-).
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: openSUSE 11.1-1 for X5000 "experimental"

Postby xeno74 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Roland wrote:I found a workaround to this issue... Simple 'ctrl c' was enough to bypass the block! After that booting advanced normally, and I was able to open the KDE desktop :-).


Fantastic solution! Well done! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3005
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Previous

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests