Repository

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
caseycullen

Re: Repository

Post by caseycullen »

The second method is better/standard anyway; I will remove the first from the instructions.

I've changed the distribution name from "sid" to "fienix" for a project. I will change this in the instructions as well. So:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://ppcutopia.ddns.net/repos/apt/debian fienix main"
But I do not know why the repository isn't showing up in Synaptic. If you search for a package in synaptic it will show up, and apt-get through terminal will work as well. If anyone has any ideas why this may be happening please let me know.

The available packages are brlcad.deb, dnt.deb, ioquake3.deb, jvgs.deb, netradiant.deb, openarena.deb, osirion.deb, quake3-install-helper.deb, quake-hd-redux.deb, retroblazer.deb, vlc-3.0.3-3.deb, wyrmsun.deb, xmen.deb, xonotic.deb.

---Casey
acefnq wrote:Casey
If I use method 1 I get the message Cannot write to ‘-’ (Broken pipe)
When I use method 2 I appear to get the key but once I have added my sources list and updated there is no software to be found.
I have just done a complete clean install of 16.04.5 install Ubuntu. Any ideas?

Thanks

Allan

caseycullen wrote:I've created a software repo and uploaded a few games to it. Please test it and let me know if it works for you.

First you need to download and add the public key:

sudo wget -O - http://ppcutopia.ddns.net/repos/apt/conf/public.gpg.key|apt-key add -
-OR-

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 548D45C5
Then, add the server to your sources.list:

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://ppcutopia.ddns.net/repos/apt/debian sid main"
And update:

sudo apt-get update
Software:
ioquake3: ioquake3 on my repo runs on machines without Altivec. The version on Debian and Ubuntu repos does not detect altivec at runtime, and so it will not work on X5000.
OpenArena: based on ioquake3; the version on my repo should work on X5000.
I've also built several games that are not available on Debian or Ubuntu repos, such as dnt, Gigalomania, jvgs, and Xonotic, in addition to a couple game developer tools (NetRadiant and gmqcc).

Please let me know if you have any issues!
---Casey
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

The visibility in Synaptic issue has been fixed. When you update you will likely get an error:

"E: Repository 'http://ppcutopia.ddns.net/repos/apt/debian fienix InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from '' to 'additional'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details."
To fix this issue, enter:

sudo apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update
This will update the repository, and it will appear in Synaptic. Please test, let me know if it works for you or if you have any issues. Thanks!
---Casey
acefnq

Post by acefnq »

To fix this issue, enter:

sudo apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update
This will update the repository, and it will appear in Synaptic. Please test, let me know if it works for you or if you have any issues. Thanks!
---Casey[/quote]

Thanks but this command did not work, I did some searching though and found that I should now be using the "apt" command and not "apt-get", this worked, however, it also brings up a large number available system upgrades from what I am guessing is Debian Sid, so if I do an "apt upgrade" command I would end up creating a Ubuntu/Debian Frankenstein-:) However installing your files seperately appears to be working, will let you know how I go. Thanks for the help.

Allan
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Thanks for letting me know. Debian still uses apt-get, so that must be an Ubuntu change. If you only want to see games and unique packages without risking an accidental "upgrade":

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
and make sure the only ppcutopia repository listed is:

deb http://ppcutopia.ddns.net/repos/apt/debian/ fienix main
Thanks again for the feedback!
---Casey
acefnq wrote: Thanks but this command did not work, I did some searching though and found that I should now be using the "apt" command and not "apt-get", this worked, however, it also brings up a large number available system upgrades from what I am guessing is Debian Sid, so if I do an "apt upgrade" command I would end up creating a Ubuntu/Debian Frankenstein-:) However installing your files seperately appears to be working, will let you know how I go. Thanks for the help.

Allan
acefnq

Post by acefnq »

Casey
Thanks this worked well everythinh installed and working.

Thanks
Allan