Javascript

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
kilaueabart

Javascript

Post by kilaueabart »

I hadn't been able to go online with my Amiga since late April when I moved from Hawaii to California. The computer arrived six weeks later, but I still couldn't go online with it because my apartment has no internet feed.

Yesterday I hooked up to a nearby private wi-fi with a Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter (WNCE2001) and was delighted to once again go online with Ubuntu (I haven't found out how to do it on the Amiga side with Odyssey yet). I'm pretty sure that one of the sites I checked was my email. But this morning when I tried to do so again, I was met with this:

Code: Select all

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use University of Hawaii Mail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.
I have always used Ubuntu's Mozilla Firefox to check my email, so I can't guess what is going on or how to fix it, and I am looking for advice.

I found some advice via google, but it won't help. The way to turn JavaScript on, I learned, was to browse about:config and set "javascript enabled" to "true." Mine was already set so, so what else can I do?