"Theme: Making the Most of Multicore Systems
Title: Make it Work: Software Design Considerations for Multicore
23 February 2012
There are many software design considerations you need to understand in order to maximize the performance of your embedded multicore system. This webinar will cover software based design considerations in architecting an embedded multicore design. The trickiest part of designing these systems is properly defining the multicore software architecture. Rob Oshana, Director of software systems at Freescale has developed a software decision tree to help customers design their software systems with their end goals in mind.
During this session Rob will cover topics such as:
* What is current system architecture?
* What are your systems throughput requirements?
* How much SW investment do you need to preserve and on which OS?
* What are your redesign goals, higher performance or higher integration?
* What are your system security requirements?
* Task Management, Real Time vs. Applications