AmigaOS4.1 Update 3 USB Problems

This forum is for Pegasos II specific issues.
Evillord68
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AmigaOS4.1 Update 3 USB Problems

Post by Evillord68 »

AmigaGTI told me, he uses now a card with NEC Chip, it works. He does not have the card from first post anymore, sorry.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Thanks for contacting him.

Because we can't follow it up any more, I'll consider this report closed.

I'll start a new report for Nubechecorre's complaint.

@nubechecorre:

Can you describe more precisely the configuration that does not work?
What is the model number of the D-Link hub?
Which port is the hub plugged into?
Have you tried both ports on the back panel?
Have you tried connecting the hub to one of the motherboard ports?
Have you tried connecting the hub to the keyboard port (the upper port), connecting the keyboard to the hub so that it is there when power comes on, then turning the power off and on again?
The SAM has a "feature" that works like this: If you try to interrupt the boot sequence with the keyboard (to get into U-Boot), it only works the first time you switch the machine on. If you reset the machine (without turning off the power) and try to interrupt the boot sequence again, it won't work. You have to cycle the power to make it work again. Are you sure you are not being tricked by this?
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

I don't know if he have solved i meantime but a friend of mine in Italy got a problem with a Western Digital hard disk 500 GB (FAT formatted), this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-P ... 24-7864267

It seems that Sirion was able to see it but the icon didn't appear on Workbench neither on MediaToolbox, he use AmigaOS 4.1 Update 4 on an AmigaOne G4 (if i remember exactly his machine)

If needed eventually i can point him on this thread
Last edited by samo79 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nubechecorre

Post by nubechecorre »

Hi :-)
Can you describe more precisely the configuration that does not work?
What is the model number of the D-Link hub?
My D-Link Hub is:

Model number DUB-H4
HW Vers. B5
P/N PUBH4E
Which port is the hub plugged into?
Have you tried both ports on the back panel?
I tried the HUB on both the usb port of the sam440ep Mini-Itx. I use the backport as my sam is in a PsileCase
Yes, I tried both port
Have you tried connecting the hub to one of the motherboard ports?
Do you mean the internal port of the motherboard? i can try but not immediatly as it is a little bit difficult at the moment but i'll do it :)
Have you tried connecting the hub to the keyboard port (the upper port), connecting the keyboard to the hub so that it is there when power comes on, then turning the power off and on again?
Yes, i tried the hub on both port and i connected the keyboard to the hub and the mouse on the other port of the sam and I tried also to invert the combination. The problem is that with the hub connected it only works one device per time, so or it works only the mouse or the keyboard but not both on the same time..
The SAM has a "feature" that works like this: If you try to interrupt the boot sequence with the keyboard (to get into U-Boot), it only works the first time you switch the machine on. If you reset the machine (without turning off the power) and try to interrupt the boot sequence again, it won't work. You have to cycle the power to make it work again. Are you sure you are not being tricked by this?
I have to try this step.. i'll tell you :-)
http://www.os4games.it

Sam440ep mini-itx

Classic System:

Amiga 1200
PowerPC 603+ 68040 25 Mhz + 256MbRam
Radeon 9250 128Mb VRam
Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb VRam
HD-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 Gb PATA
DVD-RW LG Dual Layer
SoundBlaster PCI 128
4xEIDE Buffered Interface Elbox
Cocolino Interface Elbox