Dual graphics cards

This forum is for Pegasos II specific issues.
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Dual graphics cards

Post by smf »

Is it possible to use two graphics cards in the pegasos2?

I Have two boards installed: Radeon 9000 Pro in the AGP slot and one Radeon 9250 PCI.
ATM i can only get display from the PCI card if both cards are installed at the same time, i have played around with the cmplength tooltypes etc but still i cant see any screenmodes for the Radeon9000 card.
Spectre660

Re: Dual graphics cards

Post by Spectre660 »

Not sure about the peg2 but you need to do at least the following to get OS 4.x to work with two graphics cards.
I have not been able to get it to work myself with a Sam flex. during my attempt I could see that both graphics cards were active.

The PCIgraphics monitor driver and Picasso96Settings are in the archive below.

- download the dual graphic cards setup from here:
http://www.acube-systems.biz/download/D ... dSetup.lha

- place a Radeon 9xxx monitor driver in Devs/Monitors
- place a PCIGraphics monitor driver in Devs/Monitors
- copy Picasso96Settings into DEVS:

The following were Sam440ep specific instructions to get a Radeon HD to work.
The first line probably may be adapted for your card if needed .

- run Picasso96Mode, select the Radeon HD board from the "Attach settings to" menu, then Save
- disable rtg.library DMA with "setenv save Picasso96/UseDMA 0"
- if running the Sam440ep_setup, run it with the "SNDGFX" argument
smf wrote:Is it possible to use two graphics cards in the pegasos2?

I Have two boards installed: Radeon 9000 Pro in the AGP slot and one Radeon 9250 PCI.
ATM i can only get display from the PCI card if both cards are installed at the same time, i have played around with the cmplength tooltypes etc but still i cant see any screenmodes for the Radeon9000 card.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

Thanks for your reply. Those files won't work with my peg2 it seems. os4 won't even boot up properly with pcigraphics installed in the monitor directory.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Some firmware setting or variable may be needed to tell Amiga OS which is the primary graphics card.
If you connect a monitor to each graphics card at boot up does it look like both cards are recognised by the computer or not ?
smf wrote:Thanks for your reply. Those files won't work with my peg2 it seems. os4 won't even boot up properly with pcigraphics installed in the monitor directory.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

If you connect a monitor to each graphics card at boot up does it look like both cards are recognised by the computer or not ?
I have a monitor connected to both graphics cards but there's no sign of life from the one connected to the agp slot. it's recognised by Ranger btw
I'm thinking about removing my soundblaster card so that i can fit another gfx card on the pci bus and see if two pci graphics cards can work at the same time, i have an old voodoo3 lying around here somewhere.

I dont think there's any smartfirmware settings to set the default gfx card so unless someone can confirm that they got it working on peg2 i'm giving up on this :)
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

I have been doing some tests with the voodoo3 now. i have 3 graphics cards installed but the Voodoo is the only one displaying anything.
I have screenmodes for both voodoo & radeon but if i try to use a radeon screenmode it's displayed on the voodoo anyway. I have been using that pcigraphics monitor and also tested with just Voodoo & Radeon files in the monitor drawer and my conclusion is that this does not work whatever i do.
Evillord68
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Evillord68 »

I think the Pegasosfirmware does not support 2 graphicards.

With Aone XE it works with a AGP and a PCI GFX Card in a 33MHZ PCI Slot.
fairdinkem

Post by fairdinkem »

Has anyone got a result as I would like a dual screen setup on my Pegasos 2
Pegasos 2 1GHZ G4 AmigaOS 4.1.6