AmiFTP French translation

This forum is for discussion of the AmigaOS 4.x localization. This includes translation errors as well as proposals for improved translations, and other topics related to localization.
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

AmiFTP French translation

Post by abalaban »

The french translation of AmiFTP provided in latest public AOS 4.1 (A1XE) crashes as soon as AmiFTP starts. It seems the catalog changed since the translation was created. I was the author of that translation long before AmiFTP was included as a contribution in AOS. Unfortunately the .cd isn't publically available I can't update my translation.
AmigaOne X1000 running AOS 4 beta
AmigaOne XE/G4
Amiga 1200/PPC 603e + BVision PPC
Elwood

Re: AmiFTP French translation

Post by Elwood »

I checked on the Extra directory on the ISO CD (the one for Sam460 but all should be the same). The .cd is there.

Anyway, you should report that to the original author of AmiFTP who submits the archive to us. Well at least I gues it worked like this.
Philippe "Elwood" Ferrucci
Sam460 owner
AmigaOS 4 betatester
Prober
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Prober »

Unfortunately, catalog descriptor (.cd) located on the CD is old. I tried to translate this program into the czech language, but translations do not fit at all. Translations in the wrong places, missing sentences, etc..
Pegasos II, G4 7447 / 1266MHz, 2048MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, HDD 2x360GB, ZIP250 USB, USB floppy, HP LaserJet 1100, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by abalaban »

Yes that's it. It's really annoying because my French translation worked very for the AmiFTP version released on OS4Depot but when it was included on the AOS 4.1 CD they reused my translation with this new version that does not accept it :-(

PS: as a translator I'm really upset of those programmers that can't police themselves and refrain themselves from constantly changing the order of the messages in the CD without setting messages ID or at least changing catalog version number. The rule i's simple: never EVER move or delete messages in a catalog description without first correctly set messages ID or (but IMHO it's better to do both) revising catalog version number or it *WILL* at best produce inconsistencies with existing catalogs. As a programmer I try to apply those simple rules.
AmigaOne XE/G4
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

You need to speak to the original author of this software. Although it was included on an AmigaOS installation CD, it was supplied as a contribution only.

These forums are for the support of AmigaOS 4, and as such this subject is off-topic here.

Simon
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by abalaban »

Yep but as the program was included as a contribution I was (erroneously) thinking that maybe someone would have a valid way to contact the author as I was unable to do it since a long time now.

Anyway if AmiFTP is to be included in next AmigaOS release don't forget to remove any existing catalog and the useless outdated .cd file.

PS: At the moment for a punctual single FTP operation I personally prefer AmiFTP over pFTP because I can drap n drop easily into its window from the workbench. But for more complex FTP operations pFTP has no equivalent at least IMHO.
AmigaOne XE/G4