OS 4.1 on A3000T

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Valiant
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

OS 4.1 on A3000T

Post by Valiant »

I would like to get OS 4.1 running on my A3000T. I had 4.0 running on it when it was first released, but didn't upgrade when 4.1 came out because of lack of memory on my CS-PPC. Now when I try to boot the machine all I get is a flash on the video monitor while the keyboard Caps Lock light flashes just once. This happens with either the accelarator in place or not. Someone suggested that my m/b may need to be re-capped. If so where in the States is a good place to have that done? Also I would be appreciative if anyone could give me a link to a less drastic step first.

Thanks,
Val
A1-XE, 800Mhz G4, 512Mb
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb
A1-X1000, 1.6Ghz PA6T, 4Gb
danbeaver

Re: OS 4.1 on A3000T

Post by danbeaver »

There is a Mac guy who will replace the caps for $55 in Michigan but he can't test the Motherboard afterwards (www.maccaps.com). I've used him on a known working board with audio issues and now its great; I used Anthony Hoffmen to repair and recap around 5 motherboards, which he repairs and fully tests each. He works in the Antarctic until Nov 2015, so you might try Amigakit. Otherwise you could just ask in the Wanted Forums for someone who has the experience to do the diagnostics and repair.
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OS 4.1 on A3000T

Post by DarrenHD »

Valiant wrote:I would like to get OS 4.1 running on my A3000T. I had 4.0 running on it when it was first released, but didn't upgrade when 4.1 came out because of lack of memory on my CS-PPC. Now when I try to boot the machine all I get is a flash on the video monitor while the keyboard Caps Lock light flashes just once. This happens with either the accelarator in place or not. Someone suggested that my m/b may need to be re-capped. If so where in the States is a good place to have that done? Also I would be appreciative if anyone could give me a link to a less drastic step first.

Thanks,
Val
alenppc on english amigaboad (he's in Montreal) repaired 6 of my motherboards, including two A4000T. Did a great job. Look him up, very reasonable prices.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!