Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Everblue

Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

Post by Everblue »

I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Now the problem lies with the fact that the Sam460CR does not have any on-board videocard. So, assuming that the latest A-EON Radeon drivers are not included on the CD, how would one go around installing Amiga OS4.1 AND getting a video output from the 5450 video card?

Thanks in advance!
Raziel

Re: Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

Post by Raziel »

Everblue wrote:I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Now the problem lies with the fact that the Sam460CR does not have any on-board videocard. So, assuming that the latest A-EON Radeon drivers are not included on the CD, how would one go around installing Amiga OS4.1 AND getting a video output from the 5450 video card?

Thanks in advance!
The Radeon HD driver v1.2 will be on the CD
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Raziel wrote:
Everblue wrote:I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Thanks in advance!
The Radeon HD driver v1.2 will be on the CD
That's great! Where will we be able to buy the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? I guess AmigaKit, right? :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/vie ... =33#743577
amigakit wrote

@Everblue @Spectre660

Hello

The RadeonHD 1.2 is a free upgrade for customers who have bought v1 from us.

It is not included in the Final Edition. We recently commissioned a new Lite Edition of the RadeonHD driver.

We are working with ACube/Hyperion currently to enable a Lite Edition of the RadeonHD for emergency boot purposes of the AmigaOS CD.

Nothing "murky" here- sorry- cannot understand your comment.

@everblue

Forgot to add that RadeonHD supports selected 5000, 6000, 7000 and R5, R7, R9 cards: see Amiwest Press Release for more detail:

http://www.a-eon.biz/PDF/News_Release_RadeonHD24.pdf

Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Everblue

Post by Everblue »

This is fantastic news, and I guess, explains the Sam460CR as my guess is that it will be bundled with the system/motherboard. Kudos to Amigakit and everyone else involved.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Actually i have to adapt my answer above a little.

According to AmigaKit on this AmigaWorld.net thread the Radeon v1.2 driver will not be on the FE CD.

Rather a stripped down version is in production to give new users the ability to boot from the CD
AmigaKit in the AW.net thread

It is not included in the Final Edition. We recently commissioned a new Lite Edition of the RadeonHD driver.

We are working with ACube/Hyperion currently to enable a Lite Edition of the RadeonHD for emergency boot purposes of the AmigaOS CD.
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Raziel wrote:Actually i have to adapt my answer above a little.

According to AmigaKit on this AmigaWorld.net thread the Radeon v1.2 driver will not be on the FE CD.

Rather a stripped down version is in production to give new users the ability to boot from the CD
AmigaKit in the AW.net thread

It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

HKvalhe wrote: It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)
No.

2.4 will be sold seperately through AmiStore once available

More can be found in the ress release
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Raziel wrote:
HKvalhe wrote: It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)
No.

2.4 will be sold seperately through AmiStore once available

More can be found in the ress release
Great! Looking forward to it :) Now i understand better. Thanks! :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
Everblue

Post by Everblue »

So the 'lite' version WILL be included on OS4.1 FE disc, right?