floppy disk usage guide ?

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Lio

floppy disk usage guide ?

Post by Lio »

Hi All,
I did not see this mentionned anywhere in the AOS4.1 package so is there a floppy usage guide for classic ?
What I see is that the floppy drive is supported and the floppy disk I would insert shows up its icon on the WB and I can open it BUT
- this works only if I insert the floppy disk and reboot
- ejecting the disk and inserting another one does not get rid of the previous icon
- inserting a floppy disk once the WB is loaded does not shows up the floppy disk icon

I tried mounter in system folder but it simply ignores the trackdisk.device

so how to load/eject floppy disk then ?
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: floppy disk usage guide ?

Post by DarrenHD »

Lio wrote:Hi All,
I did not see this mentionned anywhere in the AOS4.1 package so is there a floppy usage guide for classic ?
What I see is that the floppy drive is supported and the floppy disk I would insert shows up its icon on the WB and I can open it BUT
- this works only if I insert the floppy disk and reboot
- ejecting the disk and inserting another one does not get rid of the previous icon
- inserting a floppy disk once the WB is loaded does not shows up the floppy disk icon

I tried mounter in system folder but it simply ignores the trackdisk.device

so how to load/eject floppy disk then ?
Hi, what system do you have? There are some differences in the floppy drive handling based on what type of Amiga you have - A1200 from C= vs. A1200 from Escom/AT, or A3/4000. There are some questions asked suring the OS4.1 Installation about that.

Darren
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Lio

Post by Lio »

yes you re right, I have the original A1200 from Commodore so I did not apply the fix during installation (it was automatically chosen anyway AFAIR).
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

Lio wrote:yes you re right, I have the original A1200 from Commodore so I did not apply the fix during installation (it was automatically chosen anyway AFAIR).
Okay, then the floppy behaviour should be the same as it is on OS 3.9, eg. the floppy Icon should appear - or disappear - if you insert or eject the disk.

you can also try the diskchange df0: command from shell.

Darren
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Lio

Post by Lio »

as I said if I dont insert a disk at boot, no disk icon appears and a diskchange DF0: gave a insert DF0: !

it works ONLY if a disk is inserted at boot and only in this case, the diskchange command is working... I guess I have to live with that !
Rotzloeffel

Post by Rotzloeffel »

There is an entry at the end of the file Kicklayout-A1200. You find it in Devs:Kickstarts/

uncomment the Line A1200FloppyFix

that should solve your Problem