System progs preventing WB screenmode change.

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
xenic

Re: System progs preventing WB screenmode change.

Post by xenic »

tonyw wrote:Added BZ for filecompare: #9248.
Thank you very much.
After reviewing the advice by other users I did some testing with a simple Reaction program. As long as WINDOW_AppPort is set to a valid message port in the window object, the program gets WMHI_ICONIFY messages when the window iconify gadget is selected and when Workbench is about to close. Since FileCompare is iconifying when you click the iconify gadget, it should also be iconifying when Workbench is about to close but it's not. I can't explain why but something is going wrong.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
xenic

Post by xenic »

@thomasrapp
@mritter0
Thanks for the input. Although Reaction handles the Workbench open/close notification somewhat transparently, it doesn't appear to automatically handle screen closing when a program is on another public screen. It looks like IIntuition->StartScreenNotifyTags() might be needed for other public screens.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
mritter0

Post by mritter0 »

SNOTIFY_BEFORE_CLOSESCREEN for other public screens closing. In my project I don't check to see if it re-opened. I assume it is terminating and re-open on Workbench.
Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers