Grim Reaper issues...

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Cageman

Grim Reaper issues...

Post by Cageman »

Hello fellow Amigans!

I got my Sam460cr not long ago and I've just now got some time to set it up with AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition. I have 2GB ram, RadeonHD 5450 1GB and a SIL3114 SATA-controller. I also bought the latest drivers from AMIStore for the Radeon. I will add a Soundboard at some point. :)

Anyways... I downloaded Timberwolf and each time I try to start it I get a Grim Reaper; Timberwolf-bin, DSI (Data Storage Interupt). Anyone have a clue why that happens? Am I missing some library or datatype?

I also get a Grim Reaper when trying to start M.A.C.E (a shooter game from http://www.entwickler-x.de/). I have contacted them about it though, so I hope to get some answers from them.

Other than that I've noticed that the Radeon card makes the SATA controller stop working if I spam the harddrive too much (overheating issue), so I plan to mod the case with some extra fans. :)
duga

Re: Grim Reaper issues...

Post by duga »

Don't use Timberwolf. Odyssey 1.23 is the browser to use on 4.1 FE. http://os4depot.net/index.php?function= ... dyssey.lha

Make sure that AISS is really installed from the 4.1 FE CD. I had some strange crashes before I installed it.
Cageman

Post by Cageman »

Hello and thanks for your answer...

I did try Odyssey as well, that exact version, but the only icon that showed up there was "Install fonts"... the actual program icon was not there, and even showing "all files", did not have an Odyssey executable. Maybe I am blind? :)

I'll check if I have installed AISS (I'm pretty sure I installed all extras).

Regarding the problem with the game, it seems it was a bad archive coming from AMIStore. The Demo version runs just fine, and I will download the commercial version directly from the developer URL and test...

Hopefully I will have time to test both these things when I get home from work tonight. :)

Cheers!
duga

Post by duga »

Strange.

Btw, you have installed the latest MUI4 release, right?
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Cageman wrote:The only icon that showed up there was "Install fonts"... the actual program icon was not there, and even showing "all files", did not have an Odyssey executable
This sounds suspiciously like a corrupt download, try downloading and unpacking the archive again.

Best regards,

Niels
Cageman

Post by Cageman »

duga wrote:Strange.

That, my friend, I am pretty sure I have not! I only got MUI that came with AmigaOS 4.1 FE. I have not touched it yet. Can you point me towards where I can update MUI?

I also want to say that I am very happy to see such friendly and helpfull people around these bords.

Thumbs up and cheers!

:)
Cageman

Post by Cageman »

nbache wrote:
Cageman wrote:The only icon that showed up there was "Install fonts"... the actual program icon was not there, and even showing "all files", did not have an Odyssey executable
This sounds suspiciously like a corrupt download, try downloading and unpacking the archive again.

Best regards,

Niels
Hello and thanks for your reply.

Thing is, I did test that a couple of times, but same result. I will try it again though. Maybe it is related to the overheating between my GFX card and SATA card that cause it. Maybe not... but my Miggy has been turned off for quite some time and I'll try to download it again, first thing (before things get too warm).

Tomorrow I will hopefully have time to get some more cooling gear into place. :)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Cageman wrote:
nbache wrote:This sounds suspiciously like a corrupt download, try downloading and unpacking the archive again.
Thing is, I did test that a couple of times, but same result.
I still have my archive which was downloaded from OS4Depot last year, of Odyssey 1.23r3. A List says:

odyssey.lha 33722582 ----rwed 06-Maj-14 20:10:50
: http://os4depot.net/share/network/browser/odyssey.lha

- and an md5sum:

fdf3785088a9a21bacf07045a8c44eab odyssey.lha

Check those against the archive you have, and you'll know whether there's a reason to re-download.

Best regards,

Niels
duga

Post by duga »

Cageman wrote:
duga wrote:Strange.

That, my friend, I am pretty sure I have not! I only got MUI that came with AmigaOS 4.1 FE. I have not touched it yet. Can you point me towards where I can update MUI?

I also want to say that I am very happy to see such friendly and helpfull people around these bords.

Thumbs up and cheers!

:)
https://muidev.de/
Cageman

Post by Cageman »

Just to update you all...

The MUI update made Odyssey work! Also, the game I bought runs just fine now. It seems that AMIStore have a broken archive of it or something.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)