OS4FE with Radeon 7000 and dvi

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Benny

OS4FE with Radeon 7000 and dvi

Post by Benny »

I have a Radeon 7000 pci in my 4000 with Mediator, it has vga which works ok on my Samsung 730BF monitor.

But dvi gives me a lot of seconds of black screen, this is after the Workbench has to refresh, after moving a Window or scroll content in a Shell e.g. , the screen goes black and comes back to the Workbench.

Dcc is activated in the prefs.
Also on my Dell 24 inch fullhd this is the case.
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OS4FE with Radeon 7000 and dvi

Post by DarrenHD »

Benny wrote:I have a Radeon 7000 pci in my 4000 with Mediator, it has vga which works ok on my Samsung 730BF monitor.

But dvi gives me a lot of seconds of black screen, this is after the Workbench has to refresh, after moving a Window or scroll content in a Shell e.g. , the screen goes black and comes back to the Workbench.

Hmm, is it possible you can post a video of what is happening when it's connected to DVI under OS4? Does it behave the same when you connect it with VGA on OS4?
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Benny

Post by Benny »

DarrenHD wrote:
Benny wrote:I have a Radeon 7000 pci in my 4000 with Mediator, it has vga which works ok on my Samsung 730BF monitor.

Hmm, is it possible you can post a video of what is happening when it's connected to DVI under OS4? Does it behave the same when you connect it with VGA on OS4?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes here is a small clip for DVI:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/293 ... .39.07.mp4

Spec:
Workbench 1024x768 ARGB32, Radeon settings auto detect in screenmode. The Radeon 7000 is connected to DVI on the Samsung 730BF monitor.

Some notes:
1. Lowering the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 gives less 'black screen'.
2. I used various Radeons, Voodoo's, RadeonHD with my AmigaOne 500 without any problems with DVI on many monitors.
3. The Samsung monitor does not give any message like out of sync or out of range, or no signal. But the black screens are maybe to short to get noticed bij the monitor.
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

Benny wrote:
DarrenHD wrote:

Spec:
Workbench 1024x768 ARGB32, Radeon settings auto detect in screenmode. The Radeon 7000 is connected to DVI on the Samsung 730BF monitor.

Some notes:
1. Lowering the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 gives less 'black screen'.
2. I used various Radeons, Voodoo's, RadeonHD with my AmigaOne 500 without any problems with DVI on many monitors.
3. The Samsung monitor does not give any message like out of sync or out of range, or no signal. But the black screens are maybe to short to get noticed bij the monitor.
That does look like a monitor syncing issue. Can you confirm the same behaviour on a different monitor ?

Darren
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Benny

Post by Benny »

:idea:
DarrenHD wrote:
Benny wrote:
DarrenHD wrote:

Spec:

Some notes:
That does look like a monitor syncing issue. Can you confirm the same behaviour on a different monitor ?

Darren
I finally have a (new) Radeon 9250 from Sapphire working under OS3.1 and OS4.1FE. Dvi and vga, no errors, everything is ok under both os'es.

The Radeon 7000 is not working at all under OS3.1, there are no Radeon 7000 settings in the Medconfig software from Elbox. Selecting a Radeon 9250 64MB setting to match the videoram size of the Radeon 7000 does not work either.

Thank you for helping me.
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

Benny wrote: I finally have a (new) Radeon 9250 from Sapphire working under OS3.1 and OS4.1FE. Dvi and vga, no errors, everything is ok under both os'es.

The Radeon 7000 is not working at all under OS3.1, there are no Radeon 7000 settings in the Medconfig software from Elbox. Selecting a Radeon 9250 64MB setting to match the videoram size of the Radeon 7000 does not work either.

Thank you for helping me.
Good to hear. The Sapphire card is pretty good. I have several.

Darren