Open for business

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Open for business

Post by ssolie »

Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.
ExecSG Team Lead
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Open for business

Post by tonyw »

Yay! New vict^H^H^H^H users!
cheers
tony
Alloye

Post by Alloye »

ssolie wrote:Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.
Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Alloye wrote:Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.
Last I heard the serial numbers were sent to the dealers so contact your dealer for info.
ExecSG Team Lead
Alloye

Post by Alloye »

ssolie wrote:Last I heard the serial numbers were sent to the dealers so contact your dealer for info.
Thanks. I bought it directly from A-EON according to the invoice and PayPal transaction. Will keep trying. I'm really looking forward to getting this system up and running. :)
duga

Post by duga »

Alloye wrote:
ssolie wrote:Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.
Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.
Are you saying you've had the X5000 for >1 year without being able to at least boot OS 4.1 FE?
Alloye

Post by Alloye »

duga wrote:Are you saying you've had the X5000 for >1 year without being able to at least boot OS 4.1 FE?
Not exactly. A-EON sold me a Cyrus board with the expectation that I'd be able to join the AmigaOS beta program. For reasons that were never made clear to me, that didn't happen.

Instead, I was given special access to a "very early" build of 4.1 FE for the X5000. That build installed & booted just fine on my system; however, it was too unstable to use for more than a few minutes at a time. Frustration eventually set in and I literally packed the whole thing up and stored it in my closet for a few months.

Fast forward to now, and I'm happy to report that I have my serial number and access to the pre-release ISO. I'll be unboxing the machine after Christmas to give it another try. (I recently relocated to a new state and haven't yet unpacked any of my vintage/hobby gear.)

If things go well this time, I'd like to get into software development on the platform. I'm a software engineer by trade and learned my first "professional" language (C) on the Amiga in the late 80s.
328gts

Post by 328gts »

Alloye wrote:...
Fast forward to now, and I'm happy to report that I have my serial number and access to the pre-release ISO. I'll be unboxing the machine after Christmas to give it another try. (I recently relocated to a new state and haven't yet unpacked any of my vintage/hobby gear.)

If things go well this time, I'd like to get into software development on the platform. I'm a software engineer by trade and learned my first "professional" language (C) on the Amiga in the late 80s.
awesome stuff! I hope you've got your X5K up n running nice n stable now ??
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
Alloye

Post by Alloye »

328gts wrote:I hope you've got your X5K up n running nice n stable now ??
As a matter of fact, I just installed the pre-release build this afternoon. The system seems to be working quite nicely now. Kudos to the AmigaOS team!
Last edited by Alloye on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
328gts

Post by 328gts »

@ Alloye

:D
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+