Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Raziel

Re: Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

Post by Raziel »

Obviously we can not
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

But how can I read the data on SFS partitions then? I just installed AmigaOS 4.1 FE on my X5000. I used my old hard drive from my SAM 460 as I have a lots of data on two SFS-partitions that I want to use on my X5000. The problem is that I can't see my old SFS-partitions in other places than the media toolbox. They show as SFS/00. That is SFS0, right? I thought it was just SFS2 that was no longer supported in AmigaOS 4.1.

If I can't get them to show in Workbench there has got to be a way to access them so I can move the data to a partition with a supported type of filesystem.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Niolator wrote:But how can I read the data on SFS partitions then? I just installed AmigaOS 4.1 FE on my X5000. I used my old hard drive from my SAM 460 as I have a lots of data on two SFS-partitions that I want to use on my X5000. The problem is that I can't see my old SFS-partitions in other places than the media toolbox. They show as SFS/00. That is SFS0, right? I thought it was just SFS2 that was no longer supported in AmigaOS 4.1.

If I can't get them to show in Workbench there has got to be a way to access them so I can move the data to a partition with a supported type of filesystem.
SFS and SFS2 are just variation on the same thing, they have the same basic SmartFileSystem driver.

IIRC the most significant thing about SmartFileSystem version 1.293 is that it works on the X5000 whereas earlier version don't.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

You will have to buy a working version of SFS from AmigaKit. AFAIK there is no Hyperion-supplied version of SFS that will run on the X5K, despite what the installer says.
cheers
tony
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

@tonyw: You mean the Enhancer Software pack? It's a little steep I think. It costs more than the OS it is supposed to enhance. I will probably buy it some day but I don't think I can afford it right now. Can't you read. SFS/00 partitions in Linux?

By the way, if I manage to get a hold on the 1.293 driver. Can it read partitions made by the 1.290 driver?
Last edited by Niolator on Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@Niolator
Don't you have Enhancer CD with your x5000 by default ?
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

kas1e wrote:@Niolator
Don't you have Enhancer CD with your x5000 by default ?
The system you can buy in various shops right now do have the Enhancer Software.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

That mean Niolator should have it as well (so, a-eon's sfs)
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

@kas1e & Amigo1: You mean that you should get the Enhancer Software Pack with your X5000 motherboard? The only software I got was a burnt CD with the AmigaOS 4.1 installer. Could it be so that it is only bundled with complete systems and not if you just buy the motherboard?
duga

Post by duga »

Niolator wrote:@kas1e & Amigo1: You mean that you should get the Enhancer Software Pack with your X5000 motherboard? The only software I got was a burnt CD with the AmigaOS 4.1 installer. Could it be so that it is only bundled with complete systems and not if you just buy the motherboard?
I would assume so, yes.