Classic Memory Limits in Emulation

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Elowan

Re: Classic Memory Limits in Emulation

Post by Elowan »

Hmmmm - what do you mean by "INDIRCET UAE Boot rom"?

I got cyberstrom.rom and Kickstart.rom of an A4000 in WinUAE, that´s all I know ;)
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

Hmmmm - what do you mean by "INDIRCET UAE Boot rom"?
He mean to choice in the WinUAE settings: Hardware->ROM->Board type (at bottom of window) : and there choice "New UAE (128k, ROM, Inderect)". That necessary for os4 emulation.

Also, if you want to avoid all that problems, just use my os4 winuae settings (only change path to cyberstorm rom, to kickstart rom, and to your harddrivers/cd drivers/etc).
Attachments
amigaos4_uae.zip
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Elowan

Post by Elowan »

great, I will test it! I think, i did not set this to: "New UAE (128k, ROM, Inderect)" - hope this will be it!
Elowan

Post by Elowan »

hello,

I already got the setting right in WinUAE - then, I tried your config file and tried to change paths and so on, but WinUAE won´t let me do so. It crashes over and over, one time when changing the hdf vhd files, one time, when try to change the path to accelerator rom....

seems, I got no chance to use more ram in OS4.1 :(

thanks for help
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

Elowan wrote:hello,

I already got the setting right in WinUAE - then, I tried your config file and tried to change paths and so on, but WinUAE won´t let me do so. It crashes over and over, one time when changing the hdf vhd files, one time, when try to change the path to accelerator rom....

seems, I got no chance to use more ram in OS4.1 :(

thanks for help
Are you running 64-bit Windows and the 64-bit version of WinUAE? I think to get that much address space in the Zorro III range you have to be running both 64-bit versions.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
SnkBitten

Post by SnkBitten »

I'm running 64bit windows and the 32bit WinUAE with (2) 512MB Zorro 3 boards configured with no issues, so you don't need both, probably just need 64bit Windows.

I still suggest starting with a new config and fresh install of 4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Elowan

Post by Elowan »

I run 32bit WinUAE on Win10 64bit,latest update

I tried the config you attached (WinUAE crashes a lot, when I try to change the path, like I wrote), but after saving after each change I made, I finally got your config
set to my folders/roms/harddrives...

After WinUAE boots up OS4.1FE Upd.1 I still got no extra Z3 Ram :cry:
Kamelito

Post by Kamelito »

Elowan wrote:I run 32bit WinUAE on Win10 64bit,latest update

I tried the config you attached (WinUAE crashes a lot, when I try to change the path, like I wrote), but after saving after each change I made, I finally got your config
set to my folders/roms/harddrives...

After WinUAE boots up OS4.1FE Upd.1 I still got no extra Z3 Ram :cry:
It is more a problem with bad WinUAE configuration than Classic but I guess you did put that in your startup sequence right? "C: BootLoader COMMANDLINE = "NoRamPager"
Kamelito
Elowan

Post by Elowan »

I used my config and tested with the one, suggested here (and was know to work):

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =20#p40164

Yes, I put this line into it:

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... &mode=view

It goes only into startup-sequence or user-startup, also?

Cheers
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@Elowan
Only startup-sequence enough of course, you don't need to double the same.

Also, be sure that you didn't setup too much of z3 ram for tests. Try firstly without at all. If everything loads and works, then, just add 128m of z3 ram, and see if it added. Also at first try maybe messing with two Z3 ram modules not need it, try with one. That how my one looks like:
hardware_info.PNG
Also, just to avoid confusing : that "NoRamPager" option works only in update1. So you firstly install FE, then update1, and only then add "NoRamPager" and only then try to add Z3 memory (start from 128mb). And be sure your Hardware Info have 1 single entry for.

Also, probably for first, you better try Picasso video card, as for uaegfx you need drivers which is not default in os4 distrib, while picasso ones are. With my settings i already have 3d party drivers for uaegfx and sound card in mediator.