Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Amigo1

Re: Smartfilesystem v 1.293 ?

Post by Amigo1 »

Niolator wrote:
duga wrote:
Niolator wrote:@kas1e & Amigo1: You mean that you should get the Enhancer Software Pack with your X5000 motherboard? The only software I got was a burnt CD with the AmigaOS 4.1 installer. Could it be so that it is only bundled with complete systems and not if you just buy the motherboard?
I would assume so, yes.
I have searched around a little now and come to the conclusion that it is only Amiga On the Lake that offers the Enhancer Software Pack with the X5000. As I bought mine from GGS-data here in Sweden I didn´t get any such CD.

@thomasrapp: Thanks for the tip. I´ll try with the 68k version for now.

By the way, I have already bought and paid for the RadeonHD-package which is a part of the Enhancer Software Pack. Shouldn't I be able to get a price reduction on the Enhancer Software then?

Well, Alinea computer (http://www.amiga-shop.net) does deliver the enhancer software with their X5000 systems and mother boards.
And their service and customer support is flawless! :) :)
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Amigo1 wrote: Well, Alinea computer (http://www.amiga-shop.net) does deliver the enhancer software with their X5000 systems and mother boards.
I fully agree! They are so far the only dealer who has at least ANSWERED my recent messages asking whether they can sell a X5000. AmigaKit, Amedia, Relec (and A-Eon itself): not a single word... But also Alinea has one serious 'flaw': they are not allowed deliver X5000 outside Germany!

What comes to GGS Data, I do not know whether they can deliver outside Sweden... But their problem is the very high price. It is partly due to the high V.A.T. of Sweden, and partly due to their higher base price (110 eur more than e.g. Alinea without V.A.T.).

Regards,

Gregor
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

Gregor wrote:
Amigo1 wrote: Well, Alinea computer (http://www.amiga-shop.net) does deliver the enhancer software with their X5000 systems and mother boards.
I fully agree! They are so far the only dealer who has at least ANSWERED my recent messages asking whether they can sell a X5000. AmigaKit, Amedia, Relec (and A-Eon itself): not a single word... But also Alinea has one serious 'flaw': they are not allowed deliver X5000 outside Germany!

What comes to GGS Data, I do not know whether they can deliver outside Sweden... But their problem is the very high price. It is partly due to the high V.A.T. of Sweden, and partly due to their higher base price (110 eur more than e.g. Alinea without V.A.T.).

Regards,

Gregor
Maybe you find someone in Germany buying it for you.. :->
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Amigo1 wrote: Maybe you find someone in Germany buying it for you.. :->
That possibility has indeed come to my mind... 0:-) But when I asked a week ago Alinea did not yet have X5000 in stock, either. BTW, where did you buy your machine? Or are you possibly a betatester...?

Regards,

Gregor
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

As I have to replace my old hard drive I was thinking of formatting two large partitions with SFS. I have installed the Enhancer Software Pack which includes SFS 1.293-filesystem. I was under the impression that you are supposed to be able to create partitions with SFS/00-partitions then, but no. There is no SFS file system available in Media toolbox when trying to create a new partition. My only option, if I don't want to use FFS, seem to be NGFilesystem. Should I use that instead? How reliable is it?
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

If "SFS" does not appear in the list of file systems that MTB provides, just select "Custom Filesystem" and type in "53465300" (for SFS\00) or "53465302" (for SFS\02) for the partition type.

Make sure that SmartFileSystem is loaded in Kicklayout and you should be OK to go (the one file system binary supports both partition types).

NGFileSystem is a beta product and the version that you have is not as advanced as the version that beta testers have, so may have some bugs. On the other hand, you do have "C:NGFCheck", which is a CLI-based check and repair program for NGFS volumes.
cheers
tony
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

It doesn't work. I have been trying to get it to work for a long time now and the only result is me getting more and more frustrated. I have followed your instructions and I have fine combed the net for tips and information about SFS but no matter what I try my SFS partitions are invisible to the system. Finally I had enough and I am now using NGFS which works fine so far.
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by javierdlr »

Niolator wrote:It doesn't work. I have been trying to get it to work for a long time now and the only result is me getting more and more frustrated. I have followed your instructions and I have fine combed the net for tips and information about SFS but no matter what I try my SFS partitions are invisible to the system. Finally I had enough and I am now using NGFS which works fine so far.
Check with RANGER (Exec->Residents) and if 'SmartFileSystem' is not listed, then you don't have it enabled on kicklayout.
saimo

Post by saimo »

amigakit wrote:Hello

I can confirm that v1.293 is the latest new version available on the Enhancer Software. It is currently maintained and fully licenced exclusively to users who have the Enhancer Software. The sales from the package contribute to the ongoing development costs of SmartFileSystem and various other software from Joerg.
Versions later than 1.290 can be obtained from Joerg's site directly
I am afraid not, they are only available on the Enhancer Software.
Could you consider making SFS available for purchase separetely, please? I'm asking because SFS (and PartitionWizard, if that fixes the problems of SFS partitions not showing up) is the only piece of software from that bundle I'm interested in.
nubechecorre

Post by nubechecorre »

@Saimo

I tell you this because maybe you don't know but there is a light version of Enancher Software that you can buy, if you are not interested in Warp3D Nova etc etc.. I did so for my setup :)
http://www.os4games.it

Sam440ep mini-itx

Classic System:

Amiga 1200
PowerPC 603+ 68040 25 Mhz + 256MbRam
Radeon 9250 128Mb VRam
Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb VRam
HD-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 Gb PATA
DVD-RW LG Dual Layer
SoundBlaster PCI 128
4xEIDE Buffered Interface Elbox
Cocolino Interface Elbox