Amiga X5000, Getting on the Interent? And Sound?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Amiga X5000, Getting on the Interent? And Sound?

Post by javierdlr »

marley wrote:Still no Internet.. :roll:

what can it be?
Check with Ranger/SysMon if your ethernet card is seen by system.
Ranger: Hardware->PCI Bus
SysMon: Devices->PCI

Attach an lan cable from router to the ethernet card of your AmigaNG. ;-)

If you have the correct ethernet driver in DEVS:Networks/ (or take a look into AddNetInterface.doc for mor info), just create a text file (mine is called ETH0) in DEVS:NetInterfaces/

# DEVS:NetInterfaces/eth0
# File generated by Internet 53.2 (27.9.2009)
# On Viernes, 28-Dic-12 at 17:28:10
device=<name_of_the_driver>.device
hardwaretype=Ethernet
#address=192.168.1.204
#netmask=255.255.255.0
configure=dhcp
#copymode=fast

And you should have S:Network-Startup script file (executed by S-S), with at least:
AddNetInterface QUIET DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)

And with sound almost the same, check what soundcard do you have on your system.
check in Devs:AudioModes/ if you have the "driver" of your soudncard (DEVS:AHI/ has the .audio file/driver).
Then check in AHI prefs if .audio driver is loaded.

Not sure if it will help, but from CLI/Shell type:
c:DumpDebugBuffer ram:debugoutput.txt

and check then in debugoutput.txt file for 'XXX: Card found' where XXX should be your soundcard system. Mine says 'SM502: Card found' as I have a SAM460ex system.
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

marley wrote:Still no Internet.. :roll:

what can it be?
Is your ethernet cable plugged into the correct port? You should have two (2). One on the X5000 board - this one does not work.
The other on youur PCI/PCIE card, this is the one that should work.
marley

Post by marley »

i dont have sysmon or ranger i did download ranger but i get guru when i try to access pci bus
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by javierdlr »

marley wrote:i dont have sysmon or ranger i did download ranger but i get guru when i try to access pci bus
¿:-/ strange it crashes, but try LSPCI attached and post results, you will need http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/v2.2/pci.ids in DEVS: so it shows a description of cards plugged.
Attachments
lspci_cmd.lha
lspci CLI/Shell
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

@javierdlr

The newer versions of Ranger that support the X5000 are comercial.Available via the AMiStore

- First commercial release via the AMIStore.
- Now requires AmigaOS 4.1 (V53) or higher.
- Added AmigaOne X5000 support.
- Added DIPF_IS_PREFERREDMODE decoding in GUI/ScreenModes tab.
- Added dimensions and depth to Screen GUI objects.
- Added GUI/Objects Screen dimensions (V53) and pixel format (V54
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Marley should not need to use PCI scan - that is a low level test that will only confuse him. He needs to get his card either recognised or a useful error message, first.

Marley:

I repeat Javier's good words from earlier:
If you have the correct ethernet driver in DEVS:Networks/ (or take a look into AddNetInterface.doc for mor info), just create a text file (mine is called ETH0) in DEVS:NetInterfaces/

# DEVS:NetInterfaces/eth0
# File generated by Internet 53.2 (27.9.2009)
# On Viernes, 28-Dic-12 at 17:28:10
device=<name_of_the_driver>.device
hardwaretype=Ethernet
#address=192.168.1.204
#netmask=255.255.255.0
configure=dhcp
#copymode=fast

And you should have S:Network-Startup script file (executed by S-S), with at least:
AddNetInterface QUIET DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)
You need only a few things to get your card on the air. Javier has mentioned them all, but here is a list to tick off:
1) Card in one of the PCI slots (either will do).
2) Ethernet cable connected to card (not to the motherboard).
3) A file (one only per card!) in Devs/NetInterfaces. Call it what you like, but it must contain most of what Javier listed above. If you run the Internet Wizard, it will generate this file for you.
4) The device driver in Devs/Networks. In your case you need "rtl8139.device".
5) A line in S/Network-Startup, as Javier said earlier. If you make the line say this, it will print out the result when it runs. Then you can revert to the original once you have found the trouble.
Edit S/Network-Startup to say "AddNetInterface >T:Interface.log DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)". Now it will print a log file to RAM:T/interface.log. I like to leave it like that on my machines.
6) A line in S/Startup-Sequence: "Run Execute S:Network-Startup". (I have left out the bits that silence any errors, this is the important part. Later you can revert to the original)

Make sure that there is only one file in Devs/NetInterfaces. If you have old files for the same card, it will fail. The name of the file is unimportant.
cheers
tony
marley

Post by marley »

Ran internet wizard and saved file as suggested by Javier's Got this error Mon Feb 27 06:54:31 2017 [error]: Interface "RTL8139" configuration failed with station address = 00:E0:4C:4E:00:A1 (5,10193, Bad address, Unknown SANA-II wire error 10193).
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

That is an internal Roadshow error caused by a timeout of some kind.

Are you sure your Ethernet cable is OK? Do you have a light at each end? Not a black crossover cable? Can you try another cable?
If the cable is OK, then perhaps your card is faulty after all.

Before you try another card, go into the Devs/NetInterfaces/ directory and edit the contents of the file to use the driver for the new card.

So, if you were changing from an rtl8139 to an rtl8169, for instance, you should change the line:
"Device=rtl8139.device" to read:
"Device=rtl8169.device".

Naturally in that case, make sure that you have a driver called "rtl8169.device" in Devs/Networks/.
cheers
tony
marley

Post by marley »

Hi

I am talking to you from AMIGA X5000, im online finally,,, :D it was the Ethernet card which was shot.. So using another Realtek RTL8169
it works fine, im using Odyssey browser at the moment that seems to work fine until i go
onto Utube i had the video working then it goes into slow motion and then sound goes also on Netsurf i can not get a video to work on utube,,

Special Thanks for all your help and your Patience, and bearing with me in this new world of AMIGA

Marley
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by javierdlr »

marley wrote:Hi

I am talking to you from AMIGA X5000, im online finally,,, :D it was the Ethernet card which was shot.. So using another Realtek RTL8169
it works fine, im using Odyssey browser at the moment that seems to work fine until i go
onto Utube i had the video working then it goes into slow motion and then sound goes also on Netsurf i can not get a video to work ...
Marley
Congrats!!!

For youtube stuff you can use/try QT+SMTube (os4depot) it works fine here on my SAM460ex.