Disappearing Sound on X5K

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Re: Disappearing Sound on X5K

Post by amigasociety »

klesterjr wrote:This seems to be the same issue as discussed in thie thread: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =57&t=3625 -- just manifested in a slightly different way.

I was the one who told TJ how to induce the crash/freeze/etc. It happens while playing ANY video, but a larger one (720p for example) will accelerate things.
As a side note, today a fresh boot and I have Odyssey, Wookie, Dopus 5 all running. Mplayer running playing the same 720p that killed sound yesterday. Not a lockup but sound died.

So when I ran that 720P yesterday that stopped sound after being OK all day, today fresh boot right to video playback and I have sound still and video is playing fine too.

Just add that to this whole madness.

LOL

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
klesterjr

Post by klesterjr »

amigasociety wrote:
klesterjr wrote:This seems to be the same issue as discussed in thie thread: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =57&t=3625 -- just manifested in a slightly different way.

I was the one who told TJ how to induce the crash/freeze/etc. It happens while playing ANY video, but a larger one (720p for example) will accelerate things.
As a side note, today a fresh boot and I have Odyssey, Wookie, Dopus 5 all running. Mplayer running playing the same 720p that killed sound yesterday. Not a lockup but sound died.

So when I ran that 720P yesterday that stopped sound after being OK all day, today fresh boot right to video playback and I have sound still and video is playing fine too.

Just add that to this whole madness.

LOL

TJ
Sound stopping & the system locking up appear to be the same issue to me, just manifested in a slightly different way.

I ordered two more cards, so I should have a total of three new cards to try (two pci sound cards & a pcie network card) -- I'll let you know how it goes.
AmigaOne X5000 -- 5020/8gb, Radeon RX560 & X1950Pro, OS4, MOS, & Linux
AmigaOne A1222 -- 2gb, Radeon 6450, OS4 & Linux
Amiga 3000 -- 2mb chip/16mb fast, BFG9060 (rev6 68060 & 128mb), Picasso 4, Re-A4091, X-Surf 100
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Downloaded the new Emotion 1.1 today so was testing a few 720p .AVI and .MKVs. System still has sound.

So I have not experience the hard locks like Ken but sound going away sporatically.

Once right after trying to play a 720p video. In the past just during the course of having the X5K on all day. Today been up 3 hours or so and still have sound. Been running Wookie, Emotion demo, Odyssey.

Seems real hit N miss for me when sound goes bye bye.

TJ

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
klesterjr

Re: Disappearing Sound on X5K (SOLUTION?)

Post by klesterjr »

I installed a PCIe network card alongside the original PCI sound card that came with the machine and it seems to have solved my problem with sound stopping and/or the system freezing. Perhaps the solution is NOT to have more than one type of card (ie only 1 PCI and only 1 PCIe). I haven't tried using 2 PCIe cards yet, but I will try that next.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C ... UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I tried using 2 PCIe cards and it did not work, so (for me) it seems that I need to stick with 1 PCI and 1 PCIe card.
AmigaOne X5000 -- 5020/8gb, Radeon RX560 & X1950Pro, OS4, MOS, & Linux
AmigaOne A1222 -- 2gb, Radeon 6450, OS4 & Linux
Amiga 3000 -- 2mb chip/16mb fast, BFG9060 (rev6 68060 & 128mb), Picasso 4, Re-A4091, X-Surf 100
amigasociety

Re: Disappearing Sound on X5K (SOLUTION?)

Post by amigasociety »

Glad you are working now.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved if there is some issue where two of the same card are in the system.

I will want a SATA board soon so will be 3 cards in there. NIC, Sound, and SATA.... so hopefully the right combo can be found.

Mine are two PCI right now and this last week, all has been well.

Not sure why... maybe the airwaves are cool this week.

:lol:

TJ
klesterjr wrote:I installed a PCIe network card alongside the original PCI sound card that came with the machine and it seems to have solved my problem with sound stopping and/or the system freezing. Perhaps the solution is NOT to have more than one type of card (ie only 1 PCI and only 1 PCIe). I haven't tried using 2 PCIe cards yet, but I will try that next.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C ... UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I tried using 2 PCIe cards and it did not work, so (for me) it seems that I need to stick with 1 PCI and 1 PCIe card.

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
marley

Post by marley »

Hi

My sound seems to disapear when i watch anything on utube.. sytem is working fine in the background,
the sound is there on workbench until i watch a video
then it disappears altogether until i reboot..
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Are you using Odyssey for that? Because Odyssey often fails to release the sound device after playing a U-Tube video.
cheers
tony
marley

Post by marley »

Hi

yes im using Odyssey Browser seem's like the best one available
and user friendly that i can find unless there is a better Browsers out there?,
i tryed Netsurf and that wont show picture or sound, and it wont let me even login to my hotail account,
so Odyessey is good just need bit of sound,,
imagodespira
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by imagodespira »

Do you have installed the sound Prefs from the A-Eon Enhancer package? We had a similar problem with one of our customers (with our Emotion Mediaplayer). I am not shure, but it seems that in the new sound prefs are some minor differences between the AmigaOS internal Prefs component.

Maybe i am wrong, but it is worth a try to enable the the old prefs again (maybe somethings with the Units).
outrun1978

Post by outrun1978 »

The following sound card suffers from disappearing sound so probably best to give this a miss despite the cheap price

http://amzn.eu/hWwdzRP

I have had to use a soundcard with an ENVY-24HT based chipset and so far no problems :-)