Connecting a "Competion Pro USB Joystick"...

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
marley

Connecting a "Competion Pro USB Joystick"...

Post by marley »

Hi Guys

Can any one tell me if i can connect a competion pro USB joystick to my AMIGA 5000 so i can play some classic games?
ive tryed a joypad which is USB and that dont work, ;-(

any ideas, i seen a classic joystick connector on the back of my motherboard/case and pluged a standard joystick in but thet dont work either only i got over 10,000 games to play especially when its raining here in Cornwall
Radek

Re: Connecting a "Competion Pro USB Joystick"...

Post by Radek »

Of course you can use usb controllers, you can even use classic controllers with adapter like this.
But not through DB9 connector on the back, it's only for capturing serial logs. Regarding usb joypads/sticks. You need to go to Amigainput preferences and make
sure it's been recognized. It should be plug'n'play, however sometimes it's not a case.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

marley wrote:Hi Guys

Can any one tell me if i can connect a competion pro USB joystick to my AMIGA 5000 so i can play some classic games?
ive tryed a joypad which is USB and that dont work, ;-(

any ideas, i seen a classic joystick connector on the back of my motherboard/case and pluged a standard joystick in but thet dont work either only i got over 10,000 games to play especially when its raining here in Cornwall
I learned that AmigaInput is not "Plug and Play" as you may know it from other platforms.

I had to start AmigaInput, THEN plug the device in to get it recognized, THEN set it up in AmigaInput and only THEN was i able to use it.
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
IamSONIC

Post by IamSONIC »

@marley

I have a Speed-Link Competition Pro connected to the AmigaOne X5000 and it works flawlessly
competitionProX5000.jpg
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

I have a Logitech F310. The buttons work OK, but the sticks do nothing. How do I configure the sticks to act as joysticks?