Left out icons disappear

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Left out icons disappear

Post by tonyw »

Thanks, but the corrupted contents of the file can't give me any useful information.

You still haven't answered either of the two questions:
1) Does the problem happen using FFS or SFS as the file system?
2) Does the problem happen if you don't use "Workbench Explorer", but genuine OS4 components?

Unless the problem happens using genuine OS4 components and NGFS, but not FFS or SFS, then I don't believe there is a problem in NGFS.
cheers
tony
xenic

Post by xenic »

tonyw wrote:Thanks, but the corrupted contents of the file can't give me any useful information.

You still haven't answered either of the two questions:
1) Does the problem happen using FFS or SFS as the file system?
2) Does the problem happen if you don't use "Workbench Explorer", but genuine OS4 components?

Unless the problem happens using genuine OS4 components and NGFS, but not FFS or SFS, then I don't believe there is a problem in NGFS.
I tried a number of times to reproduce the problem with my current NGFS and could not. Then I tried NGFS v54.34 and managed to reproduce the issue one time. The problem is that the one time I could reproduce it was when I had a system freeze caused by opening another screen/application and was forced to hit the reset button. When my system booted to Workbench after hitting reset, the left-out files were not on Workbench. I checked the .backdrop file (which had become binary) with the Dopus4 Hex reader and it only contained the drawer name in the middle of some binary data.

Because I don't know if the corruption of the .backdrop file was due to a particular version of NGFS and I can't reliably reproduce the problem, I can only confirm that it is possible for the .backdrop to get corrupted. Sorry I can't be of more help with this.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Radek

Post by Radek »

tonyw wrote: 2) Does the problem happen if you don't use "Workbench Explorer", but genuine OS4 components?
That is certainly not WE's fault because i didn't want to use it at all to make sure it won't mess up things again.
I only used it to check .backdrop file after crash and when i noticed icons are gone. I'm not sure if that will be of any help
to you but when i try to list Sys:Fonts/ WE is always crashing. It's probably WE's bug not filesystem's, but maybe it's worth checking.

I didn't try with SFS and FFS partitions, I will drop some files from those and when i will get next crash I'll report back
the outcome.