Install Utility fails and drags system down with it

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Juzz

Install Utility fails and drags system down with it

Post by Juzz »

Double clicking "Install Utility" gives a couple of errors:

Missing requirement: libz.so.1
Missing requirement: libpython25.so

If you kill it with Grim Reaper the entire system stops responding and a reset from the case button is necessary.
I'm gussing AmiStore uses that to install items - because that's what happened when I tried to install items directly from the app. However using the Updater app to install the items yields better results - ie succesfull download AND extraction of files.
Spectre660

Re: Install Utility fails and drags system down with it

Post by Spectre660 »

Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Juzz

Post by Juzz »

Nowhere in the requesters does it state that it's missing libharfbuzz - or whatever that was.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

So If you get the error later on you know what to do.
Based on your RANT Mode else were :D .
Juzz wrote:
Nowhere in the requesters does it state that it's missing libharfbuzz - or whatever that was.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Juzz

Post by Juzz »

Spectre660 wrote:So If you get the error later on you know what to do.
Based on your RANT Mode else were :D .
Juzz wrote:
Yup, thanks.

Yeah, about the rant - I'm flustered over this "secret handshake" "nudge nudge" "you know what to do" - it can't be right that in order for me to get an app working I should call up other owners of NG hardware and ask "What did you do to get this running".
I mean this is an enthusiast OS and some assembly might be required but the level of carelessness shown by developers not even writing in the readme file what is required to be done and neither in the package is there a simple text file with - you need this, this and this to get up and running, others have completed the task take a look at this link.
If they could just be bothered to do just that simple thing - then yes, I will jump through the hoops - but there wasn't even a note saying "You need to go to the singing bush and recite this rhyme - then the invisible man will come and guide you".

The files are in my SObj dir and they are named excactly as the requester flags as missing, so I am a bit confused as to what to do.