HD audio connector of X5000 case

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Roland

HD audio connector of X5000 case

Post by Roland »

The X5000 case (Fractal Design Core 3300/3500) has an internal HD audio connector which is wired to the front panel headphone and and microphone connectors. What is the exact pin assigment of this HD connectror? I already tried to get the info directly from the manufacturer but they did not know... (!)
- Roland -
xenic

Re: HD audio connector of X5000 case

Post by xenic »

Roland wrote:The X5000 case (Fractal Design Core 3300/3500) has an internal HD audio connector which is wired to the front panel headphone and and microphone connectors. What is the exact pin assigment of this HD connectror? I already tried to get the info directly from the manufacturer but they did not know... (!)
The most common connectors are AC97 & HD audio. I went to:
and D/L the Core 3300 manual. A diagram on the second page of the manual does identify the audio connector as "HD audio". If you google "HD audio pinout" you should find several sites with pinouts and diagrams of the connector.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
msalcedo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by msalcedo »

But what are you going to connect it (case lead) to.. a sound card with a hd audio header?
Roland

Post by Roland »

msalcedo wrote:But what are you going to connect it (case lead) to.. a sound card with a hd audio header?
I have an Envy24HT, which has only a 4-pin header (see the picture: pins are numbered from right to left, from 1 to 4). I am not sure if the HD audio connector can be used directly (there are several possible ways to connect it) or whether there is needed an adapter.
- Roland -
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Aint that a (classic) CDrom Audio connector. They used to have a seperate audio cable next to the flatcable.
Then again.. i could be wrong ..
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Roland

Post by Roland »

Skateman wrote:Aint that a (classic) CDrom Audio connector. They used to have a seperate audio cable next to the flatcable.
Then again.. i could be wrong ..
You are right, I just got a confirmation from my dealer... I know hardly anything about sound hardware but it would have been nice to use the front panel connectors.

One unconventional use came now to my mind - they can be used as simple 'on/off switches' (using a 3.5mm plug where the 'left' and 'right' has been connected together), e.g. for a noisy backup drive ;-). You just need to wire the correct pins of the HD connector to the power input line of a drive.
- Roland -